Cognitive Therapy for Women Psychological Services (CTWPS) has an immediate opening for a full-time or part-time NY licensed Psychologist or LCSW (Ph.D., Psy.D., LCSW) with a flexible start date between Feb-April 2022.
We wish to build our team with an individual who is:
- Excited to integrate a CBT approach with feminist psychology and best practices in women’s mental health.
- Seeking excellent training and mentorship in developing the skills and confidence needed to work successfully (and happily!) in private practice.
CTWPS is an established and thriving group private practice in Manhattan founded by Tanya Bannister, Ph.D., a seasoned clinician mentor and cognitive-behavioral therapist. We are dedicated to providing high quality CBT to our adult female clientele. We treat a full range of mood and behavioral issues, including our subspecialty, reproductive-related mood disorders. Our mission is to expand and enhance services to best serve the diverse CTWPS community, while also mentoring a specialized group of clinicians in ethical private practice and business development. For more info about us, see www.ctwomen.org.
- NYS licensed Psychologist or LCSW at the time of hire (we are also open to limited permit psychologists)
- Ph.D or Psy.D. in Counseling or Clinical Psychology.
- Applicants must be interested in women’s mental health, and committed to working exclusively with an adult female clientele using a CBT orientation. Must demonstrate prior training in CBT, REBT, DBT or ACT.
- Applicants must be comfortable working with diverse presentations, multicultural issues, and LGBTQIA+ concerns.
- We are seeking qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds and experience to support the diversity of our CTWPS community. Women of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Clinicians who bring a sense of humor, enthusiasm, warmth, and intellectual curiosity to the position are always a great fit with our team.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salaried and competitive.
- Position can be full-time or part-time.
- Regular consultation is provided, along with mentorship in private practice development.
- This position will likely be a hybrid of in-person and remote care to be determined by external conditions and client interest.
- This position includes paid vacation, paid holidays, and we close our offices for staff December 25-January 1st each year.
- We are conveniently located at the junction of Soho and Nolita, and are easily accessible to several subway lines. We maintain a sophisticated suite of offices utilized by the CTWPS practice exclusively.
Applicant Instructions: Please email your c.v., and a cover letter indicating your preferred start date and interest in our “Licensed Clinician Early 2022” position along with your experience with CBT, and interest in this private practice. Two references will be requested who can speak to your clinical and professional skills. You may email your materials to Dr. Tanya Bannister, Director, Cognitive Therapy for Women Psychological Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.