Women’s Mental Health Consortium
We are accepting new members. Please read below.
We are delighted in your interest in the Women’s Mental Health Consortium (WMHC), a volunteer-run organization. Membership is open to licensed mental health professionals (Clinical Social Work/Therapists, Licensed Creative Art Therapists, Limited License Psychologists, Marriage & Family Therapists, Master Social Workers, Mental Health Counselors, Occupational Therapists, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners, Psychiatrists, Psychoanalysts and Psychologists) in New York, New Jersey or Connecticut.
“We are a group of clinicians and researchers in the New York City Tri-State area with diverse specialties, areas of expertise and training. We share a commitment to meeting the mental health needs of women at all stages of their lives and to creating a community of the licensed Mental Health professionals who provide these services. Our website provides a platform for high quality educational programming and networking so that our members can share resources, connect and provide excellent, innovative care to their patients.”
We might be a good fit for you if:
- You want to be part of and contribute to an organization by and for licensed mental health clinicians
- You will volunteer to serve on a committee or help at an event
- You will follow guidelines of professional and ethical conduct in the service of including every member’s voice
- You want a resource for finding trusted, high-quality referrals for patients and other people with whom you interact professionally
- You will respond to referral requests, if applicable, and be clear about any conflicts of interest
- You will respond to surveys and ballots
- You will post your name and image on your WMHC public, online profile (also known as the directory), along with at least one form of contact information.
What we offer you:
- Access to a community of licensed mental health providers with a global reach
- A welcoming, inclusive and respectful organizational culture that includes mental health practitioners of all modalities, theoretical orientations and years of experience
- Opportunities to network and build relationships with other licensed mental health professionals
- A user-friendly website where you can post referral requests, and respond to referral requests
- Free educational programming
- Free CEs to members who attend live, or watch recorded, webinars (Please note, the CE vendor we had used recently stopped providing this service. We are in the process of searching for an alternate vendor.)
- An online profile in the searchable online, public directory
- The opportunity to participate in the Social Action Committee’s annual grant-awarding process.
What we are NOT:
- A for-profit company
- A telehealth company
- A digital directory/advertising/marketing service that matches you to people in search of a therapist
- A digital advertising/marketing platform from which members solicit business or referrals from other members.
Full membership entitles you to:
- Access to in-person meetings focused on WMHC business and educational presentations by members and guest speakers. These meetings enrich the development of the WMHC community as well as our direction as an organization.
- An open invitation to join any one of our committee groups or task forces (Social Action, Education, Events, Inclusion & Belonging) which help to define the organization and ensure its smooth operation.
- Access to training webinars that provide continuing education units, free to members.
- Professional use of this website. Membership provides you with access to and listing as a mental health provider referral within the WMHC and for the general public on the WMHC website. Please feel free to explore it at your convenience.
- Professional use of the WMHC email system of mental health clinicians. The email system enables you to address the WMHC members as a group via email and to receive updates on WMHC activities. While the email system serves as a wonderful educational and referral tool for the WMHC community, it is strongly urged that all members use discretion regarding the information conveyed via emails. Please see the guidelines for more information.
Requirements of WMHC Membership include:
- Completion of Membership Application
- Annual Membership Fee of $150 paid by credit card on this site.
- A copy of your licensure/registration to practice annually, as well an update of membership information as needed (e.g. address, affiliation, etc.). Please note that it can take up to three weeks after application submission for us to verify your license.
More about us
The Women’s Mental Health Consortium (WMHC) is a non-profit, volunteer-run consortium of mental health practitioners, licensed in NY, NJ and CT, who are committed to providing excellent mental health care to women at all stages of their lives. WMHC is a community of therapists who share referrals and resources with each other. Our leadership team consists of members who volunteer their time to serve on the Board of Directors and the various committees that keep WMHC up and running, as well as a part-time Executive Administrator.
The Women’s Mental Health Consortium started in 2008 as a group of about 20 NYC-based clinicians focusing on research and clinical practice to improve the mental health of women. In the 15 years since then, we’ve grown to over 900 members licensed in CT, NJ, and/or NY. We provide an email platform to connect with other clinicians about referrals, resources and other topics. The Consortium also provides webinars, an annual day-long clinical training with CEs free to members, and in-person meetings. In addition, our Social Action Committee nominates and awards an annual grant to a community non-profit that serves the mental health needs of underserved people identifying as women.
We are excited about our tremendous growth over the last couple of years and the commitment of our members to improving mental health in our corner of the world.
WE ARE ACCEPTING NEW MEMBERS.