Effective Date: August 1, 2017
This Membership Agreement (the “Agreement”) sets out the terms of membership of Women’s Mental Health Consortium (“WMHC” or “we” or “us”), including your use of wmhcny.org (the “Website”), which we operate. In order to become a member of WMHC you must agree to this Agreement, which governs your membership. Please take a few minutes to read it. If you do not agree with this Agreement, you cannot become a member of WMHC.
WMHC is a network of clinicians and researchers in the New York City area with many different specialties. We share a commitment to the mental health needs of women at all stages of their lives. Our goal is to make it as easy as possible for women in the New York City area to make informed choices about their mental health care by providing a centralized resource to help women find practitioners who are best suited to their needs. Practitioners help patients address general goals of emotional wellness, and also provide care for specific concerns including infant psychiatry, pregnancy and psychiatric medication, sexual dysfunction, eating disorders, gender-related conflicts, and many other issues.
The Website includes a directory of WMHC’s practitioners, with biographies and contact information. By becoming a member, you are eligible to post a listing in the directory. The directory is searchable by license types and location. WMHC also connects women to clinical research studies going on at hospitals and treatment centers in the New York City area.
- Requirements. To become a member of WMHC and maintain your membership, you must:
- accurately complete the WMHC Membership Application and submit it to us;
- each year remit the annual membership dues to us through the Website;
- provide with your registration a valid license to practice, and maintain your license, as verified by the WMHC;
- affirm and maintain your good standing with the relevant state licensing/registration authority; and
- authorize WMHC to perform background checks on you and to verify your licensing/registration credentials.
- you are expected to serve a two-year term on one of the committees (e.g., Education, Social Action, Membership, Events, Early Career Members, or some other committee)
- pay the membership.
- Membership. Membership is for licensed professionals in the mental health fields.
By joining WMHC you enjoy the following benefits:
- You may attend four quarterly meetings per year focused on WMHC business and educational presentations by members and guest speakers. These meetings enrich the development of the WMHC community as well as our direction as an organization.
- You are invited to join one of our committees (Website, Education, Membership/Finance), which help to define the organization and ensure its smooth operation.
- You may participate in a variety of smaller group meetings that WMHC members have created in order to pursue individual interests within the WMHC community. An example of one of these groups is a psychopharmacology peer group. We encourage all members to consider participating in or developing a smaller specialty group to enhance the community.
- You may list yourself on the Website directory of mental health professionals, both for referrals within the WMHC community and for the general public.
- You may make professional use of the WMHC email list of mental health clinicians. The email list enables you to address the WMHC members as a group via email and to receive updates on WMHC activities. The email list serves as an educational and referral tool for the WMHC community. Please use discretion regarding any information you convey via the WMHC email list.
- You may vote on WMHC matters.
- Member Guidelines; License.
- When you provide biographical information and other content to WMHC, whether in connection with the WMHC Membership Application, for listing on the Website directory, in using the WMHC email list or otherwise, that information must be accurate, current and complete. You are responsible for ensuring that WMHC always has the most current information about your practice and your contact information, including affiliation, professional experience, address, and telephone number.
- You may only use the email list to communicate with WMHC and other WMHC members regarding the organization, your WMHC membership, your practice and other activities or events that are relevant to the mental health profession and may be of interest to WMHC members. In no event may you post any material that is illegal, infringes the intellectual property, privacy or other rights of others or defames any other person. You understand and agree that WMHC may, at its sole discretion and without cause, review, edit and delete any content that you transmit through or post on the Website.
- By providing personal and other information, including a photograph of you, to WMHC for inclusion in the Website directory, you grant WMHC an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid-up, transferable, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, reproduce, adapt, modify and distribute that information for purposes of maintaining the directory. You further represent and warrant that you have the right and authority to grant the foregoing license.
- Security and Confidentiality.
- In connection with becoming a member of WMHC, you may be given access to portions of the Website that are password-protected and are not accessible to the general public. You must maintain the confidentiality of your user name, password and any other information that you provide as part of our security or membership registration procedures. In no event may you disclose any such confidential information to any other person. You are responsible for any disclosures or unauthorized use of your password or other log-in information.
- Your account is personal to you and may only be used by you. You may not provide any other person with access to portions of the Website that are password protected.
- You must notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name, password or account or any other breach of security.
The only personal information that we collect from you is information you provide to us when you register as a member. Members’ biography and contact information is publicly displayed on the WMHC website directory. We use reasonable efforts to keep other personal information you send to us confidential. Please note that emails sent to the email list and data responding to events is accessible to other members. License information and answers to WMHC Membership Application questions are accessible only by WMHC administrators. WMHC does not collect or store any credit card data.
IV. Disclaimer; Indemnification
- Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability. WMHC PROVIDES THE WEBSITE ON AN “AS-IS” BASIS AND HAS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE FUNCTIONS OF OR CONTENTS POSTED ON OR ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING WITH RESPECT TO THEIR ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, COMPLETENESS OR AVAILABILITY. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WMHC DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTIBILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSES AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WMHC DISCLAIMS ALL LIABIILTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR FOR FINANCIAL LOSSES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS OR LOST REVENUES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO USE OF THE WEBSITE.
- Indemnification. Upon a request by us, you agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend us, our members and our employees, contractors, officers, directors and agents from all liabilities, claims, demands and expenses, including attorney’s fees and expenses, that arise from or are related to (i) your membership or your use of the Website or (ii) any violation of this Agreement, or of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity, whether by you or by any person using your credentials. The foregoing indemnification does not apply to liabilities, claims and expense arising solely as a result of WMHC’s own gross negligence or intentional misconduct.
- Termination by Us. We reserve the right to terminate, suspend and/or deactivate your membership immediately and without notice to you, for any violation by you of this Agreement, including but not limited to, your no longer holding a license or registration to practice, or arising out of a complaint by another WMHC member, user of the Website or patient.
- Withdrawal by You. You may withdraw from WMHC membership at any time. If you do so, you must notify WMHC immediately.
- Effect of Termination or Withdrawal. Upon termination, suspension, deactivation or withdrawal of your membership, we will remove your directory listing from the Website and you agree not to use or attempt to use the password-protected portions of the Website thereafter.
VI. Changes to the Website; Amendment of Agreement
- Website. We reserve the right to change the content on or functionality of the Website or to discontinue the Website in our sole discretion and without notice.
- Amendment of Agreement. We may amend this Agreement at any time, as we deem appropriate. If we do so, we will post the amended terms on the Website or send you an email regarding the amendment. By maintaining and renewing your membership and by continuing to use the Website following such amendment, you acknowledge that you are bound to this Agreement, as amended. We encourage you to periodically review this Agreement. If, at any time, you choose to no longer be bound by this Agreement, including following any such amendment, you must stop using the Website and immediately contact WMHC about terminating your membership.
This Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of New York, excluding any conflict of laws rules. Any claim or dispute by or against WMHC arising out of this Agreement, your membership or otherwise shall be brought solely in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York or in the courts of the State of New York in the Borough of Manhattan. You agree not to object to the exercise of personal jurisdiction by or to venue in any such court.
This Agreement and any supplemental terms and guidelines posted on the Website constitute the entire agreement between you and us and supersede all previous written or oral agreements. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed in a manner consistent with applicable law to reflect, as nearly as possible, the original intentions of the parties, and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. The failure of WMHC to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
IX. How to Contact Us
If you have any comments or questions regarding your membership or this Agreement or wish to report a violation of this Agreement, please contact us at email@example.com.
We appreciate your interest and support and we welcome you to our community.