Clinical Social Work/Therapist, LCSW
Fran Hamburg, LCSW, MS, MSW, a psychotherapist in private practice for over 30 years with advanced training in couples therapy, eating disorders, substance abuse, and EMDR for the treatment of trauma.
An educator and senior clinical supervisor in the Family and Couples division of The Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy.
- Fran provides individual and couples therapy in a collaborative and supportive environment that seeks to build on ones strengths and capacities while addressing the obstacles that hold one back from living the life one seeks.
- In addition to extensive training in Psychodynamic and Family and Couple Therapy, I have a rich background and appreciation of the many factors that create the stories of who we are, and of the influences - from personal history to the the very real and practical pressures of day to day life-
- I addition to my training and experience as a "talk therapist " I was a dance/movement therapist and created a well respected creative arts therapy department at a major hospital, was the Eating Disorders specialist at Columbia University,
- As a graduate of The High School of Performing Arts - I was also a professional dancer, earned a Black Belt in Aikido- Japanese Martial art, have training in mindfulness meditation, and have deep appreciation of how the body informs the psyche
- I work with Adults of all ages and am fully licensed in New York State
- I can be reached by email- firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-741-3938