Ph.D., Clinical Psychology
Clinical Psychologist and Psychoanalyst
Clinical Appointments/Hospital Affiliation
- Director, SBMHC, Teachers College, Columbia University
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Clinical Supervisor, Teachers College, Columbia University
Description of Practice/Services Offered
Dr. Nancy Eppler-Wolff, who uses an integrated psychodynamic approach, has been in clinical practice for over 20 years, working with children, adolescents and adults. She also consults with parents and educators in school settings and non-profit agencies about emotional risk-taking, social-emotional development and wellness, self-regulation, and the intersection of learning disabilities and emotional functioning.
Areas of Research
Healthy risk taking through life span; school based mental health.
- Post-doctoral certificate in Psychoanalysis, New York University
- Post-doctoral re-specialization in Clinical Psychology, Columbia University
- Ph.D, M.Phil Developmental Psychology, Columbia University
- M.S. in Education, Bankstreet College
New York State License Psychology
- Davis, S. and Eppler-Wolff, N. (2009) Raising children who soar: A guide to healthy risk taking in an uncertain world. Teachers College Press, Columbia University, New York.
- Eppler-Wolff, N and Davis, S. (2009) Helping Children Take Good Risks. The Parents’ League Review. New York.
- Dr. Eppler-Wolff has been interviewed on a number of shows including:
- Dr. Mehmet Oz (Sirius radio) and Oprah radio (See www.raisingchildrenwhosoar.com for more details).
- Dr. Eppler-Wolff speaks at schools, non-profit organizations and corporations on a range of topics including: healthy risk taking, social-emotional development, mindfulness and self-regulation, learning issues.
Office Hours: By appointment
Insurances Accepted/Managed Care Accepted: Out-of-network provider