Cognitive Therapy for Women Psychological Services (CTWPS) invites applications for a part-time or full-time Postdoctoral Fellowship starting October 10, 2022. This Fellowship fulfills all requirements for NYS psychology licensure hours, and is a wonderful option for early career psychologists interested in both women’s mental health and successful private practice building.
We wish to build our team with an individual who is:
- Excited to integrate a CBT approach with feminist psychology and current best practices in women’s mental health.
- Seeking excellent training and supervision, as well as mentorship in developing the skills and confidence needed to work successfully (and happily!) in private practice.
- Commitment-oriented; interested in developmental growth within our group practice.
CTWPS is an established and thriving group private practice in Manhattan founded by Tanya Bannister, Ph.D., a seasoned clinician mentor and cognitive-behavioral therapist. We are dedicated to providing high quality CBT to our adult female clientele. We treat a full range of mood and behavioral issues, including our subspecialty, reproductive-related mood disorders. Our mission is to expand and enhance services to best serve the diverse CTWPS community, while also mentoring a specialized group of clinicians in ethical private practice and business development. For more info about us, see www.ctwomen.org.
Our Postdoctoral Fellowship Program is well-established, with a clear emphasis on women’s mental health. Graduates of our Fellowship maintain a high level of professional success: our Fellows have either been promoted developmentally within our practice or have created their own successful individual or group private practices directly after their tenure with us. Please see www.ctwomen.org for more information about our group.
- Ph.D or Psy.D. in Counseling or Clinical Psychology, and completion of an APA-accredited internship.
- Applicant will be a NYS limited permit psychologist at the time of hire.
- Applicants must be interested in women’s mental health, and committed to working exclusively with an adult female clientele using a CBT orientation. Must demonstrate prior training in CBT, REBT, DBT or ACT.
- Applicants must be comfortable working with diverse presentations, multicultural issues, and LBTQ+ concerns.
- The Fellowship is two years in duration, with a weekday schedule.
- Women of color are strongly encouraged to apply. We are seeking qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds and experience to support the diversity of our CTWPS community.
- Fellows who bring a sense of humor, enthusiasm, warmth, and curiosity to the position are always a great fit with our team.
- We prefer applicants who are interested in a three or four year contract with us (with appropriate compensation increases, professional development and title change, and a shorter 4 day/week schedule included in longer contracts).
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive and salaried.
- Weekly individual supervision and didactics are provided, along with business mentorship in private practice development.
- As an established practice for nearly 20 years, we will provide referrals to build a full practice for our Fellow, and will mentor her in best practices to maximize her own referral base.
- A unique feature of this position is that at the completion of her contract, the psychologist is welcome to take her entire caseload with her into her own private practice. This is the ideal way to start a private practice!
- This position includes paid vacation, paid holidays, and we also close our offices for staff December 25-January 1st each year. We provide a 3% salary contribution to our SEP-IRA employee retirement plan.
- We are conveniently located at the junction of Soho and Nolita, and are easily accessible to several subway lines. We maintain a sophisticated, private suite of offices utilized by the CTWPS practice exclusively.
Applicant Instructions: Please send a cover letter indicating your interest in our women’s mental health Postdoctoral Fellowship, your interest in private practice (vs. other settings) and your experience with CBT, along with a c.v., and two letters of reference regarding your clinical and professional skills to Dr. Tanya Bannister, Director, Cognitive Therapy for Women Psychological Services by email to email@example.com. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, and an offer will be made when the right applicant is found. It is recommended applicants apply earlier for this reason.